Sharing Web Resources

I began searching for some of the outside links that I have not yet explored on the sites that I began looking at the beginning of the course and I was unable to find very many links to other websites. There was one link to a childcare center in Northern California which I look into before and posted about. And then there were links to ICRI in other countries so I decided to look at the link to Kenya. http://www.icriafrica.org/ . Their mission in Kenya is to fight poverty and assure health and safety for children and families. As I read more about their mission in Africa I was impressed to read that they are training early childhood providers on appropriate care and education. I think that is definitely an important step in the right direction and something we need to focus on more over here as well. I also noticed a lot of emphasis on proper hygiene and empowering women and children. I think that the biggest insight or trend that really stands out to me in many of these countries is that it seems as though many organizations group early childhood care and hygiene and empowering women and children all together and they work to help each area as a whole. I understand that it is important to teach proper hygiene at an early age so it doesn’t become a continual problem as they get older and I also understand the importance of building self-esteem and empowering others at a young age as well so I suppose it only makes sense that they would group those areas in with early childhood education, however it isn’t something I would have thought about originally.

1 comment:

  1. I agree Hope, I wouldn't have thought of that either. But that is good that they are doing that and starting it at an early age. I am glad that Kenya is on a mission to make a change too. Apparently, change needs to take place all across the globe.

    ReplyDelete