Getting to Know International Contacts-Part 2

I visited Harvard University’s “Global Children’s Initiative” website (http://developingchild.harvard.edu/initiatives/global_initiative/), and had fun exploring the site. I learned about the collaborative project in Chile, “A Good Start.”. This project is focusing on professional development of the teachers in order to provide higher quality programs in language and socioemotional development for children 4 to 6 years of age.  Another focus is on improving the attendance as well. In order to achieve this, the project is focusing on deepening family involvement.

I also read about Núcleo Ciência Pela Infância, collaboration between Global Children’s Initiative and local experts in Brazil who are all working to use the science of health and development to gain stronger policies and larger investments to benefit children and families.
Overall I learned that locally and globally we all have the same goal, to work together to provide more effective programs that foster a more successful society.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Hope:

    Short, sweet and straight to the point. Yet very informative. I enjoyed reading this post! (Thank you for commenting on mine by the way). Your last statement really pulled everything together. Yes, we all have the same goal. I love children from all walks of life and I would hope to believe that all other EC professionals feel the same way I do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Statement Hope. I agree that we all have the same goal in mind, which is the best for children. Whether locally or globally we can make a impact one child at a time.

    ReplyDelete