Getting to Know Your International Contacts- Part 3

Since I still haven’t received word from my contacts, I decided to so the alternative assignment of reviewing the UNESCO’s “Early Childhood Care and Education” website.
(http://www.unesco.org/new/en/education/themes/strengthening-education-systems/early-childhood/).  After taking some time to thoroughly explore this site, I have gained some new insights.

First of all I learned that UNESCO is dedicated to the child as a whole and the holistic approach to early childhood development.

Secondly, I learned that global action week is coming up on April 22. Global action week provides awareness about the need of early childhood education


I also learned that UNESCO had a group of experts conduct reviews of indicators related to early childhood development such as health and nutrition, social protection, and policy and planning. Then reviews are now published and provide recommendation for the content of the Holistic Early Childhood Development Index.
I read lot s of interesting information on this website. I read about empowering girls in Ethiopia and the push for literacy in Nigeria. I also read about the Nokia challenge for mobile communication ideas that help expand and improve comprehensive early childhood care and education.

Overall, I learned a lot about this organization and they are doing around the world to advocate for children and early childhood care and education. I believe in advocating for our children and support all the efforts that are being made by organizations like this one.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Hope:

    Thanks for the information about Global action week. I never heard of this before. I will do more research. Great post!

    ReplyDelete