Adjourning


I think that the groups that I have found it hardest to leave are the ones that I got to know really well. I have found my most successful groups to be people that I met with often and became somewhat of a support group as well. We learned a lot about each other and in return we figured out how to effectively communicate with one another as well. In most of my group situations I have had a final project to present with them and then we celebrate with by going to lunch. As far as the group of colleagues I have formed in my masters program, I think that it is difficult to adjourn from them, but not as hard because we haven’t met personally and then each new class brings a few more new people to the group. Knowing that we have built relationships with people who are passionate for the same things and able to be a resource when needed helps the adjourning process and is essential to teamwork.

1 comment:

  1. Hope,
    I agree, the type of relationships we have formed are definitely different than the ones where we deal with each other face to face. Sometimes, however, I feel these relationships are even more valuable. We have the opportunity to communicate with other professionals who are in no way involved in our daily lives. They can offer us their true, honest opinions and give us fresh perspectives. If you would ever like to bounce anything off of me, I am here!
    God bless,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete